Ah yes: the temperatures have turned milder and homeowners are finally able to throw open their windows and enjoy the cleansing effects of balmy breezes wafting through the house. Enjoy these precious couple of weeks, because it won’t be long before summer’s heat is upon us forcing us to close those windows and rely on our air conditioning again. Spring is the perfect time to take out your air conditioning mcm backpack small tune-up checklist so that your unit will be ready to roll on the very first day you need it. Don’t have a list? Here’s one to help you out.
- Do everything you can on your end before calling in the professionals. Remove the cover from your outdoor condenser and make sure the area is clear of stored summer furniture, bagged leaves left over from fall, and other hindrances. Make sure the condenser coils themselves do not have vegetation growing into them or leaves stuck in mcm backpack medium the unit from last year. In order to function properly, your unit needs to be able to draw in air freely.
- Call your favorite HVAC professional early. As you can imagine, once the heat hits, heating and air conditioning technicians are swamped with service calls. The earlier you call, the better your chances of getting prompt service: plus, many such companies offer spring tune-up specials for you take advantage of that won’t be available during the busy summer season.
- When the technician arrives, be sure mcm backpack mini you are getting a complete spring tune-up and not merely a quick check. The services he provides should include:
- –Cleaning and replacing AC filters
- –Checking and calibrating your thermostat
- –Checking refrigerant levels
- –Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils
- –Oiling motors if needed
- –Checking and servicing all electrical components
Once your technician gives your AC the thumbs-up, you should be ready to face whatever extreme heat the season sends your way. One key to remember: Be wary of seasonal fly-by-night technicians who come to your door offering low-cost “deals” on air conditioning tune-ups. Whether you need a Utah air conditioning contractor or one in Iowa, be sure to only hire an established and reputable company to make sure your money is well-spent.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4195101