Long distance moves can be hard enough as is without having to worry about snow and other inclement weather. Winter of 2014 has seen record amounts of snow and ice which can be a problem if you need to move out by a specific day (which is generally the case). If you need to move on a snowy day, it is unfortunate but necessary.
Here are some tips that mcm outlet store can help you move safely in the winter:
- Listen to Al Roker. A quick snowstorm can come of of nowhere, but a polar vortex, nor’easter, or blizzard will be watched by meteorologists. They will be tracked for days, and you should have plenty of warning. If there is a high storm expected on your moving day, contact your realtor so that adjustments can be made to move in at a safer time.
- Take precautions. Know ahead of time that things will be more difficult in the winter. Plan on taking mcm store longer with things than normal. Many moving companies will also charge more in the winter due to difficult conditions.
- Clean up. This is not only smart, but also the law. If a mover falls and injures himself on your property, it is the homeowner’s responsibility. So make sure that your driveway, walkway, and stairs are all fully shoveled and salted.
- Cover your entrances. The wet ground will be covered salt, mud, and many other things that will stick to your shoes. You do not want to track in all of this dirt every time you walk mcm travel bag into your house, so put some mats or cardboard in all of the entranceways that you will be using heavily.
- Get your new home prepared. Call ahead and make sure that your utilities are all turned on. You definitely do not want to make the trek all the way to your new home and be stuck in the cold.
- Do not put away wet. Again, with all of the melted snow and ice on the ground, things are bound to get at least a little bit messy. Make sure that if anything that gets wet is fully dried. You do not want any mold or mildew to start growing on your carpets or furniture.
- Have winter clothing ready. Layer up to keep warm throughout the trip. Also pack a bag or two of winter clothes, so that you have all of the essentials ready immediately to unpack.
Daniel J Delgle works for Gibraltar Van Lines as a professional mover in Nutley NJ. He works all throughout the winter, helping people move throughout the county.