Given the extensive number of types of clothing fabrics, coming up with a complete list is a nearly impossible task that requires a lot of time. However, there are a few common types that pervade most forms of daily fashion.
Here are the types of clothing fabric that you commonly see on a daily basis and some interesting information about each one that you may appreciate if you are a clothing fabric enthusiast.
· Cotton – Any discussion about clothing fabrics ultimately begin with cotton, the most common fabric that is present in almost all forms of clothing. There are actually many other types of fabric which are not referred to as cotton but are made from sizable percentages of cotton fabric. Some of the most common uses of cotton in clothing include denim for blue jeans, cambric which is used for blue work shirts cheap mcm backpack and is the origin of the term “blue-collar”, corduroy and many others. Today, the estimated annual global production of cotton is about 25 million tons with a significant percentage exclusively going into the textile industry.
· Wool – Wool is one of the types of clothing fabric that is harvested from animals, in this case sheep. Other fabrics harvested from animals include cashmere which is harvested from goats and qiviut from alpaca and camels. Rabbits are also a source of a fabric type known as angora which is used for sweaters and suits. As for wool, the fabric is widely considered as a staple in many clothing lines. Many business attires, most notably pants and trousers, are actually made from wool because of its heat-retaining properties, not to mention its classic, formal feel.
· Leather – In keeping with the theme on fabric from animals, leather is one of the most popular and highly sought after products for expensive clothing lines. Leather is great because it is a cheap mcm bags durable and flexible material and finds plenty of uses from jackets to pants, bags, and even shoes and belts. Leather requires extensive treatment and processing to render it suitable for clothing applications but in the hands of a master leather workman, leather is one of the most easily recognizable of the many types of clothing fabrics today.
· Silk – Silk has many specialized applications owing to its fine and exquisite texture. Since ancient times, silk has been a highly valued asset for kings and royalty. Today, the applications remain just as high-end and prized. Silk production primarily comes from mcm online insects like moth caterpillars and so there is also a limited amount of supply available, unlike fabrics made of cotton. This only adds to the allure of silk as the material of choice for scarves, sophisticated dresses, underwear and many other applications.
· Synthetic fabrics – These are fabrics made from fibers manufactured using industrial processes. In recent years, the increased demand for different types of clothing fabrics has served to accelerate the growth in industries that produce synthetic fabrics. Common examples are nylon, polyester and spandex are which favored because of their affordable price and easy availability.
Where would the world be without these many types of clothing fabric? Fabrics express the epitome of human creativity in fashion and style. It is the stuff of dreams by aspiring designers who want to make it big in New York, London, Paris or Milan. With so many fabrics to choose from and plenty of inspirations to motivate, all types of clothing fabric will continue to be loved and adored. Everyone on earth will surely benefit because we all eventually end up wearing these fabrics in some way, shape or form.
If you have an interest in clothing fabrics and what they are used for, be sure and check out our website and its extensive list of articles on different fabrics, where they came from and what they are used for.